IJSBA has closed the period for the public to suggest changes to the 2015 Competition Rulebook. These suggestions were sent in by you, the public, and shall be submitted to all affiliates, OEM manufacturers, leading aftermarket specialists, and appointed competitors. IJSBA reminds the PWC Racing Community that this is the final year that voting will be done in this manner. Beginning in 2016, all affiliates, in good standing, along with a riders’ council will vote, in person, at the Semi-Annual IJSBA Congress. Rules will generally be for a two year period. Please see more about future voting at the end of this message. Here are the items to be voted upon for changes to the 2015 Competition Rulebook:
- Shall IJSBA require that Ski Class PWC have the handle pole pivot in front of the engine compartment as a mandatory provision?
- Shall IJSBA require that Ski Class PWC have the engine compartment located in front (towards the direction of the bow) of the tray area.
- Shall IJSBA require that Ski Class PWC have a mandatory limitation that the ride plate, whether OEM or aftermarket, may not exceed 5 inches (127mm) past the stern edge of the upper deck?
- Shall IJSBA require that Ski Class PWC have a mandatory limitation that the ride pump, venture, and steering nozzle combination, whether OEM or aftermarket, may not exceed 5 inches (127mm) past the stern edge of the upper deck?
- Shall IJSBA require that Ski Class PWC, whether OEM, or aftermarket, shall not exceed 97 inches (2.46m) from bumper to the most stern measurement of the PWC (measured by steering nozzle or ride plate, whichever protrudes most)?
- Shall IJSBA require that Ski Class PWC have mandatory flotation material (i.e. foam, inflatable, etc.) in the front and rear of the PWC that consumes 15% of the hull/deck volume?
- Shall IJSBA abandon the 8.2.2 provision, in Open Class(es), for Ski Watercraft only, that the aftermarket top deck must be an exact replica of the OEM top deck with no changes to dimension and/or scale?
- If Item 7 is yes, which of the following language shall be used:
No change in language simply delete the requirement for an exact replica with no change in dimension or scale?
Change to a silhouette test to compare to a homologated watercraft?
Change to resemble a homologated OEM watercraft?
Change to resemble the look and shape of a traditional Ski watercraft?
- Shall IJSBA modify Rule 188.8.131.52 to clearly indicate that aftermarket fuel pumps are allowed in Runabout Limited?
- Shall IJSBA modify Rule 184.108.40.206 to clearly indicate that tensioners are part of the pulley system allowed in Runabout Limited?
- Shall IJSBA allow for replacement aftermarket valves in Runabout Stock Class(es)?
- Shall IJSBA allow for the supercharger shaft to have an additional oil fitting in Stock Class(es) by modifying Rule 6.4.9.
- Shall IJSBA allow for the supercharger shaft to have an additional oil fitting in Limited Class(es) by modifying Rule 220.127.116.11.
- Shall IJSBA specifically allow a vacuum line to be added to the intake manifold in Runabout Stock Class(es)?
- Shall IJSBA specifically allow a vacuum line to be added to the intake manifold in Runabout Limited Class(es)?
- Shall IJSBA prohibit lithium ion batteries in Stock Class(es) unless OEM equipped?
- Shall IJSBA require Ski PWC in Open and GP Classes to be equipped with a boost pressure regulator?
- If Item 17 is yes then shall that boost pressure regulator be set to release at:
12 LBS PSI ?
14 LBS PSI?
16 LBS PSI?
- Shall IJSBA change Rule 18.104.22.168 so that, in Limited Class(es), Ski type PWC shall have the required boost regulator release at 12 PSI?
- Shall IJSBA change Open Class(es) and GP Class(es), for Ski PWC, so that Open becomes normally aspirated and GP becomes the class that accommodates Ski PWC equipped with turbochargers and superchargers?
- Shall IJSBA create restrictor plate requirements for Runabout Class(es) to limit the top speed of Runabouts on closed course tracks?
- Shall IJSBA change the maximum displacement in Runabout Rec Lites Class(es) to 1100cc with the following restrictions: 0-900cc for Runabouts Up to 450lbs and 1100cc for runabouts 720lbs and above?
- Shall IJSBA modify Runabout Stock Class(es) to require the PWC to be entirely OEM under the seat?
- If item 23 is No, are there other variations of allowances to remove?
- If item 24 is Yes, what is the implementation time for such a change?
- Shall IJSBA modify Rule 8.2.2 to allow an additional two inches in widening of the Ski’s standing tray area for specific models with a narrow standing area?
- Shall IJSBA modify Rule 6.4.5 to change “Additional cooling supply lines may be added to water inlet covers that are removable from the engine block.” To “ Water inlet covers that are removable from the engine block may be modified or aftermarket.”?
- Shall IJSBA increase Vintage Ski displacement to 800cc?
- Shall IJSBA allow Ski Stock Class(es) to have the provisions of boring the steering nozzle and/or cross model updating/backdating steering nozzles from the same brand Ski?
- Shall Veterans Runabout Class(es) switch from Limited Class Rules to Stock Class Rules for those Runabouts equipped with superchargers or turbochargers?
- Shall IJSBA modify the Runabout Normally Aspirated Class(es) so that Two Stroke powered PWC are scored separately from Four Stroke powered PWC?
- Shall IJSBA modify Rules 6.6.3, 7.5.1, and 22.214.171.124 so that direction is given on how to manage any fuel return line changes?
- Shall IJSBA add language to Rule 12.4.2 to specify penalties for missing a log jump and any exceptions to those penalties?
- Shall IJSBA extend larger displacement provisions to Open and Limited Ski Class(es) so long as proper restrictions are in place to ensure no advantage in performance over established displacements?
The above items shall be submitted for voting within the next three days. Voting will close on January 2, 2015. Each item will be answered by either “Yes,” “No,” or “Abstain.”
The committees to suggest rule changes to the IJSBA Congress are now open and starting to operate. IJSBA will make regular reports of the progress of the committees. In October, 2015, the first IJSBA Congress shall take place. This Congress will make decisions pertaining to the future of the IJSBA including aspects of rules, organization, management, and other policies. If you have any interest in being part of the IJSBA process, or have any questions about this information release, please email email@example.com.