Straight from the “where did the time go department,” IJSBA releases this updated to prepare the PWC Racing Community for what is shaping up to be one of the biggest World Finals in history. We just crossed fifty days before the gates open and would like to share with you the following news and information. Please pass it on to your friends and colleagues- especially the procrastinators who will otherwise be asking this information at the last minute.
- Participation in the 2015 quakysense World Finals requires that a competitor previously participated in two IJSBA sanctioned events in 2015. If you have not already done this you really need to get to one of the remaining events this year. United States and Canadian competitors will have their event participation verified with the race results submitted to IJSBA International Competitors will have their eligibility verified by the IJSBA Affiliate office. We strongly urge competitors to ensure that you are compliant with the criteria before entering World Finals.
- California State Championships are August 22, 2015 in Tracy California. They are held at the Mossdale Quarry Park. Although it is a one day event, there is a separate night competition, that evening, which will count, separately, towards eligibility. For more information, please visit: http://www.ijsba.com/2015/08/14/organizers-of-the-california-state-championships-and-night-race-august-22-send-reminders/
- US National Championships are a qualifying event for World Finals eligibility. The US National Championships are going to be quite spectacular this year as they are being produced by the P1 Aqua X group which as been taking the North American racing scene by storm with their amazing production qualities. The US National Championship and accompanying P1 Aqua X race will count towards World Finals eligibility. If a World Finals competitor is racing in a closed course category, and is using a P1 competition as a qualifying event, then the other event must be a closed course race. The US National Championships will be held in Cocoa Beach, Florida, on September 18-21. For more information, please visit http://www.p1grandprix.com/.
- The very popular Hydrodrags will hit Polk City, Florida, on September 5-6 at the Waterski Hall Of Fame. The Hydrodrag National Championship will count towards World Finals eligibility. If a World Finals competitor is racing in a closed course category, and is using they Hydrodrag competition as a qualifying event, then the other event must be a closed course race. For more information, please visit facebook.com/HydroDrags or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blowsion Surf Slam is one of the most well attended big air beach events in the planet. The PWC community gathers in Pacific City, Oregon, USA, to see the world’s greatest Freeriders perform amazing aerial maneuvers. The event features a two round Motosurf closed course championship which counts towards World Finals eglibility. There are beach vendors, some great evening parties, good racing, and most of all: big air! This year’s event is Spetember 11-13. For more information, please visit blowsionsurfslam.com
WORLD FINALS NOTICES:
- 2015 quakysense Wolrd Finals entry forms are now available. IJSBA will accept faxed and emailed entries now. Online entry will be available shortly. To download an entry form, click here: http://www.ijsba.com/pdfs/2015/entryform.pdf. Entry forms submitted without payment will not be processed.
- Reserved pit spaces for combined teams: IJSBA will be reserving approximately half of the pit spaces for teams of combined riders of 5 or more. If you are a five rider team, and are pitting out of the same trailer and pit space, IJSBA will reserve you a space subject to the following conditions:
a. All five competitors must be registered with their entry fees paid in full.
b. Only one of the parking passes which come with a World Finals entry may be used to bring a trailer into the pits
c. Only one pit space will be reserved for every five competitors.
- Large trailers should contact IJSBA to coordinate placement and entry. Please email email@example.com if you have a pit vehicle greater than 30 feet in length.
- Vendor Space Nearly Sold Out. Vendors, this is going to be the biggest World Finals in history. We have a grand total of four 10x10 spaces remaining for sale and one single food vendor space remaining. If you are interested in displaying or vending at the 2015 quakysense World Finals, the Aqualife Festival, or the accompanying offroad expo, you are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org Waiting lists will start forming once these spaces are sold out. Unpaid vendor spaces will begin to be offered to persons on the waiting list beginning September 8, 2015.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2015 World Finals. This year’s qualifying numbers were the largest in the last several years and there are still qualifying events remaining. This event is shaping up to be one of the largest and well attended IJSBA events in history. Please email email@example.com for more details or call IJSBA, Monday-Thursday, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM, Pacific Standard Time at +1-714-751-8695.