Greetings Personal Watercraft Racing Community,
This is the first in a series of weekly IJSBA updates that will keep you informed of the latest developments as we head into The 25th IJSBA World Finals. We have been a little quiet lately, but this is because we have been working nearly 24/7 to bring you the best possible World Finals. So lets get straight into the updates:
- As you have probably read, quakysense has joined us as our official title sponsorship for the 25th Anniversary World Finals. Their generous contribution has allowed us to provide some extra amenities and reduce the racer paid grounds fee by nearly 50%. quakysense (yes, they intentionally use a lower case “q”), intends to be the first choice in wetsuits for PWC racing. With World Champion Nicolas Rius and Extreme Freestyle Athlete Max Fujisawa on their team roster, quakysense had already begun to stack the deck before choosing to set their sites on World Finals. quakysense is clearly serious about meeting their goal. In addition to wetsuits, quakysense has an excellent line of life vests, boots, backpacks, children’s clothing, gear bags, EZ Pop tents, riding pants, and other great lifestyle accessories. Please be sure to visit quakysense, pick up some great products, and express your appreciation for investing in the sport of PWC racing.
- Please note that the World Finals Code of Conduct has been posted on the World Finals section of the IJSBA web page. All participants must read the Code of Conduct as it will be enforced at all times. Please understand that some of the policies being enforced are necessary when there is no controlled gate. The IJSBA has complete faith that the racing community will continue the tradition of exemplary conduct at this event by complying with all rules and regulations.
- When reviewing the code of conduct, please also make special note of the policies regarding the policies of fueling in or over the water and working on a PWC over or near the water. The United States Bureau of Land Management has been especially cooperative with the IJSBA in this event. The BLM encourages recreation and seeks to facilitate responsible use of the land they maintain. All IJSBA competitors must adhere to these requests to not fuel or service a PWC within five feet of the water’s edge. For racers who are in back to back races, a fueling area will be provided in the tech area so that racers are not stretched for time by going back to their pit space and then pulling out of the water. If a racer calls a two minute hold, that racer will have 30 seconds from the time the race director initiates the hold and when the two minute time begins to run. The racer should use this 30 second window to pull his/her PWC completely out of the water to perform any maintenance. Please keep in mind that the fines and sanctions for violating the BLM mandated policies against fueling or maintaining PWC in or over the water are not discretionary.
- The IJSBA will again be ensuring that there are no issues with false readings in the tests of local fuel sources. The IJSBA will test samples from fuel stations around the Lake Havasu City area and report any sources which return false traces of lead. The IJSBA highly recommends the use of fuel from our on-site provider VP Racing Fuels.
- We have set up the IJSBA Poker Run so that all Novice, Amateur, and most Expert class racers can participate in the poker run. It is an excellent opportunity for all visitors to see parts of Lake Havasu that you may not have visited before. There are going to be some seriously great prizes and the opportunity to win a new PWC.
- The entry forms will be up and running within the next 24 hours. Please let us know if you encounter any problems. There is a $10.00 discount per class for all competitors who register by 9/15/06. The competitor guide and finalized event schedule shall be posted by the end of the week.
- We have added additional staff members to the technical inspection staff for this year’s World Finals. All IJSBA technical rules will be strictly enforced. Be sure to bring your tool box and plenty of replacement gaskets in the event you finish in the top five- this includes Freestyle and Four Stroke classes! We will post a FAQ and clarification page within the next week. Please send in any questions which you may have.
- The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place Saturday, October 7 at the London Bridge Resort. The event will have a limited number of tickets for the general public. If you are interested in attending the induction ceremony, please let us know. Tickets may have to be issued on the lottery system.
- More sponsors and vendors will be announced during the upcoming week.
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s World Finals. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail email@example.com or call (714)-751-8695.